Do you like Arkham Horror the card game? Do you continue to purchase the new expansions as they come out? Well, Julius does. Albert doesn't, so we are leaving him behind as Julius and guest co-host Tyler Moore review over the entire Path to Carcosa cycle for Arkham Horror the card game. Join us for a full review of each scenario across the cycle.
Hi folks, in this episode Julius and Albert go over some news and a rant or two, then we talk about the "Big In Japan" game from AEG, Unicornus Knights.
- 01:17 News (Portal Games)
- 01:34 Detective: A Modern Crime Boardgame (BGG)
- 02:32 Imperial Settlers: Amazons (BGG)
- 03:29 Imperial Settlers: We Didn't Start the Fire (BGG)
- 04:03 Robinson Crusoe: Mystery Tales (BGG)
- 06:06 Rant! Flash Point
- 12:00 Kickstarter
- 12:11 Rant: The Reckoners (BGG, KS)
- 16:05 Edge of Darkness (BGG, KS)
- 18:54 Nights of Fire: Battle For Budapest (BGG, KS)
- 22;20 Space Park (BGG, KS)
- 24:02 Unicornus Knights (BGG)
In this episode Albert & Julius talk a bit about a few games and then dig into Mechs vs Minions, a co-op dungeon crawl pubished, by of all things, a video game company.
01:46 - St. Louis Game Design Day
05:38 - Subatomic (BGG)
06:53 - Subterranian Cities (BGG)
10:36 - Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor (BGG)
15:43 - Triplock (BGG)
16:32 - Fire of Eidolon (BGG)
17:11 - B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (BGG)
18:11 - Playthrough feedback
22:00 - 1 Player Guild challenge coin
26:35 - Mechs vs Minions (BGG)
Welcome to the hundred and fifteenth episode of the podcast. This time around we talk about what we have been playing lately and then look at Wizard's Academy.
3:10 what we've been playing
3:14 Elder Sign
9:08 Sans Allies
9:52 Star Wars: Destiny (not solo)
12:05 Project Dreamscape
12:38 Centauri Saga
14:05 Arkham Horror: LCG
19:39 Haze Islands
32:00 Wizards Academy
1:12:00 What's it missing?
Albert and Julius (who arrived a bit late) are joined by Mikolaj, designer of a Hostage Negotiator expansion and long time listener. Everyone talks about Mikolaj’s gaming history, some kickstarter games, and all about Castle Panic and its expansions and rethemes. And there’s a contest at the end.
- News (00:02)
- 1 Player Guild grows in membership
- Spiel predictions (00:03)
- About Mikolaj and upcoming Hostage Negotiator expansions (00:05)
- Kickstarter (00:40)
- Crisis (00:41)
- Hero: Prepare your champion (00:48)
- Dungeon Time (00:52)
- Darkness Sabotage (00:57)
- Castle Panic Review (01:01)
- What’s It Missing (01:38)
- Contest: Maquis for iOS and Android release (01:44)
Another long episode. This one features singing, comedy routines and baseball! It's late so let's just list the links.
Welcome to 2016! Albert and Julius start off the year with a bang, talking about Hostage Negotiator, which involves minimal bombs and explosions. We then start building a city of dice with a chat about Dice City. Oh, and there's the normal news and mini reviews.
In this episode, Albert interviews Alan Emrich about Victory Point Games and his upcoming kickstarter release game, Nemo's War 2nd Edition. Albert and Julius then discuss the People's Choice Top 100 Solo Games, discussing straight from 100 through grand number 1.
We receive an unexpected phone call from an old friend this week. Join Albert and Julius as we discuss the theme of Cthulhu in gaming. We also review Cards of Cthulhu as an example of a Lovecraft-themed game,
Albert's not well this week, so Julius and his brother Yitzchak as a guest host are here to chat. They talk about some news, excitement about Essen, and a few popular kickstarters. Since both of them have recently been playing Red November, an older coop game with drunken gnomes! Then, they discuss playing puzzles and some of their favorite puzzle games.
- Between Two Cities (BGG)
- Dungeon Roll (BGG)
- Dugeon of Fortune (BGG)
- The 7th Continent (BGG) (Kickstarter)
- Scythe (BGG) (Kickstarter)
- Spirit Island (BGG) (Kickstarter)
- Folklore: The Affliction (BGG) (Kickstarter)
- Red November (BGG)
- Houdini (Amazon)
- Folders (BGG Store)
- Perplexus Original (Amazon)
- Perplexus Death Star (Amazon)
Julius meets up with Travis of the Low Player Count podcast to discuss our thoughts on the recent #GenCantSoloCon. We talk about what was played and how great the turn-out was. Thank you to all who attended.
Albert's on vacation, but Julius is joined by a special co-host, Chris Hansen, the Empressario of Print and Play. We talk about some new games and kickstarter projects, chat with the designer of Dark Dealings (currently on kickstarter), and review Quest Awakening of Melior. Then, we review Dead Men Tell No Tales, a coop pirate game, and talk about what is the most important part of a successful print-and-play game.
- Dead Men Tell No Tales (BGG)
- Quest: Awakening of Melior (Kickstarter)
- Dark Dealings (Kickstarter)
- Deep Space D-6 (BGG)
- Crazy Cat Lady (BGG)
- Countdown to Disaster (BGG)
In this episode, we interview Jerry Hawthorne about solo gaming, solo playtesting, and his game Mice & Mystics. Albert and Julius review Mice & Mystics, talk about another new podcast, upcoming games, and the 2015 Solitaire Gaming Awards.
- Mice & Mystics (on BGG)
- Jerry Hawthorne (on Twitter)
- Conjectural Roleplaying GM Emulator
- Guide to Playing Alone (discount link)
- Low Player Count podcast
- Kickstarter Report (on 1PlayerPodcast.com)
- Cardboard Crusader solo blog
- Solo RPG Guide on RPGNow
This episode, which came out very long, we discuss the very popular Mage Knight Board Game. We also discuss all of these Kickstarter projects coming out, even interviewing the designer of Mistfall. After the news and the board game review, Albert interviews Julius and we can delve a little bit deeper into his gamer history.
- Solo Games Chain of Generosity geeklist
- Reconquista by David Kershaw published by White Dog Games
- Alone Agaisnt the Flame solitaire CoC adventure by Chaosium.
- The 1 Player Podcast Kickstarter Report
- Mage Knight Board Game on BGG
- Thunderworks games, publishers of Bullfrogs
- Use the coupon code 1PLAYERPODCAST
- Secret Soloist gift exchange
- Solo stories entry on SGOYT