Do you like Arkham Horror the card game? Do you continue to purchase the new expansions as they come out? Well, Julius does. Albert doesn't, so we are leaving him behind as Julius and guest co-host Tyler Moore review over the entire Path to Carcosa cycle for Arkham Horror the card game. Join us for a full review of each scenario across the cycle.
Hi folks, in this episode Julius and Albert go over some news and a rant or two, then we talk about the "Big In Japan" game from AEG, Unicornus Knights.
- 01:17 News (Portal Games)
- 01:34 Detective: A Modern Crime Boardgame (BGG)
- 02:32 Imperial Settlers: Amazons (BGG)
- 03:29 Imperial Settlers: We Didn't Start the Fire (BGG)
- 04:03 Robinson Crusoe: Mystery Tales (BGG)
- 06:06 Rant! Flash Point
- 12:00 Kickstarter
- 12:11 Rant: The Reckoners (BGG, KS)
- 16:05 Edge of Darkness (BGG, KS)
- 18:54 Nights of Fire: Battle For Budapest (BGG, KS)
- 22;20 Space Park (BGG, KS)
- 24:02 Unicornus Knights (BGG)
In this episode Albert & Julius talk a bit about a few games and then dig into Mechs vs Minions, a co-op dungeon crawl pubished, by of all things, a video game company.
01:46 - St. Louis Game Design Day
05:38 - Subatomic (BGG)
06:53 - Subterranian Cities (BGG)
10:36 - Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor (BGG)
15:43 - Triplock (BGG)
16:32 - Fire of Eidolon (BGG)
17:11 - B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (BGG)
18:11 - Playthrough feedback
22:00 - 1 Player Guild challenge coin
26:35 - Mechs vs Minions (BGG)
Welcome to the hundred and fifteenth episode of the podcast. This time around we talk about what we have been playing lately and then look at Wizard's Academy.
3:10 what we've been playing
3:14 Elder Sign
9:08 Sans Allies
9:52 Star Wars: Destiny (not solo)
12:05 Project Dreamscape
12:38 Centauri Saga
14:05 Arkham Horror: LCG
19:39 Haze Islands
32:00 Wizards Academy
1:12:00 What's it missing?
Albert and Julius (who arrived a bit late) are joined by Mikolaj, designer of a Hostage Negotiator expansion and long time listener. Everyone talks about Mikolaj’s gaming history, some kickstarter games, and all about Castle Panic and its expansions and rethemes. And there’s a contest at the end.
- News (00:02)
- 1 Player Guild grows in membership
- Spiel predictions (00:03)
- About Mikolaj and upcoming Hostage Negotiator expansions (00:05)
- Kickstarter (00:40)
- Crisis (00:41)
- Hero: Prepare your champion (00:48)
- Dungeon Time (00:52)
- Darkness Sabotage (00:57)
- Castle Panic Review (01:01)
- What’s It Missing (01:38)
- Contest: Maquis for iOS and Android release (01:44)
Another long episode. This one features singing, comedy routines and baseball! It's late so let's just list the links.
Welcome to 2016! Albert and Julius start off the year with a bang, talking about Hostage Negotiator, which involves minimal bombs and explosions. We then start building a city of dice with a chat about Dice City. Oh, and there's the normal news and mini reviews.
In this episode, Albert interviews Alan Emrich about Victory Point Games and his upcoming kickstarter release game, Nemo's War 2nd Edition. Albert and Julius then discuss the People's Choice Top 100 Solo Games, discussing straight from 100 through grand number 1.
We receive an unexpected phone call from an old friend this week. Join Albert and Julius as we discuss the theme of Cthulhu in gaming. We also review Cards of Cthulhu as an example of a Lovecraft-themed game,