February 6, 2017
Wow folks.. did you expect another episode so quickly? I didnt but I messed up 119. I figured I should record something short to let listeners know the fixed #119 was back. Well, why not turn it into an episode!
This episode only covers the RPG game, The Plant by by Jason Morningstar of Bully Pulpit Games. He's designed many other acclaimed RPGs such as The shaba-Al-Hiri Roach, Fiasco, Night Witches and others. The Plant is a grim RPG designed for exactly one player. It is a very well implemented game that will leave a player full of emotions. It's a fantasstic game, but not for the faint of heart (that means me).
February 5, 2017
Albert and Julius ramble on and on about lots of nonsense, but we also talk about a few solo games like The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire wich Julius just lovs. This episode includes an interview and a PnP Patrol segment!!
- 0:00:30 - Intro & banter
- 0:04:00 - Fauna
- 0:05:50 - Cardline
- 0:07:58 - Cardventures (BGG)
- 0:13:23 - Yggdrasil (BGG)
- 0:15:13 - Conquest of Paradise (BGG)
- 0:15:53 - Elder Sign: Omens of Ice (BGG)
- 0:16:50 - Arkam Horror: The Card Game (BGG)
- 0:18:07 - Kickstarter Report
- 0:18:07 - SUPERHOT Card Game (BGG, KS)
- 0:23:22 - Dungeon Alliance Interview with Andrew Parks (BGG, website)
- 0:50:50 - PnP Patrol
- - Rolling Thunder (BGG)
- - F-14 Tomcats (BGG)
- - Malta Convoy (BGG)
- 1:15:42 - Manhattan Project: Energy Empire (BGG)
- 1:47:54 - What's it missing?
January 22, 2017
Welcome, guests. Come in, come in, for an exciting tale about our rustic inn. Be not concerned by the red flecks on the couch; those are merely some minor rust stains. I guarantee, the quality of this podcast of beyond compare. Now, as I was saying, listen to a tale woven of Arkham Horror the card game, while Julius interviews the lead designer Matt Newman. Afterwards, Albert and Julius review the Bloody Inn, with absolutely no comparison to this fine establishment.
- 00:01 - Catch up banter
- 00:01 - Subterra and Tabletopia
- 00:04 - Recording plays and Feast for Odin scores
- 00:06 - Arkham Horror card game updates
- 00:08 - Interview with Matt Newman, lead designer of Arkham Horror the card game
- 00:49 - Review of the Bloody Inn
- 01:22 - What's It Missing: Cleaning vs Animated Tokens
January 11, 2017
Folks, here's the spoiler episode on Pandemic Legacy: Season 1. It includes information on Julius's experience playing the game and his thoughts on it. It includes details about the game that you wil want to avoid if you have any expectations to play in the future. You have been warned (possibly overwarned).
January 9, 2017
In episode 107 Abert and Julius discuss Pandemic: Legacy. This is the runaway co-op hit in which you get to play through a 1 time adventure. We also discuss a few other small things, but mostly this is all Pandemic: Legacy. Note, this episode has no spoilers, but we will also release a spoiler episode in a few days.
0:08:56 - Wizard's Academy redux
0:13:25 - Albert visits an escape room
0:14:33 - Pandemic Legacy
1:03:28 - What's it missing
December 26, 2016
The year is coming to a close with a final episode for 2016, of more moderate length. Julius and Albert dispute whether the Grizzled can be considered a wargame (which it cannot), in addition to chatting about some other games they've played. Plus, Julius steals a segment from Chris and review a print-and-play game, Haze Island.
- Favorite game of the year - 00:01
- Mini-review of Ascended: Become Chosen (BGG) - 00:06
- Print-and-Play Review: Haze Islands (BGG) - 00:16
- Review of the Grizzled - 00:30
- What's It Missing - 01:05
(Our apologies for Albert's recording quality.)
November 15, 2016
Julius returns, along with a great many guests and interviews. Albert interviews Morten Pederson about his upcoming projects, Julius interviews Stephen Buonocore about Stronghold games, and Albert comes back to interview the designers of the kickstarter game Luminous Age. Finally, Albert and Julius review Freedom: The Underground Railroad (but Albert nearly falls asleep before the podcast finishes).
- 00:01 - Interview with Morten Pederson
- 00:14 - Intro and general discussion
- 00:17 - Interview with Stephen Buonocore
- 00:53 - Kickstarter section:
- 00:54 - Peacekeepers
- 00:57 - Wordsy
- 01:02 - ExSpelled
- 01:05 - Interview about Luminous Age
- 01:34 - Review of Freedom: The Underground Railroad
September 26, 2016
Julius and Albert are working the space stations in this episode. Join us in the far reaches for an exploration of the game Far Space Foundry, along with our regular kickstarter and new games discussions. Albert also takes some time off for a poetry recital as he announces the winner of our most recent giveaway.
- Opening Chat
- Pandemic the cure expansion
- Pandemic Cthulhu
- Kickstarter (00:11)
- Ray Master
- Bethel Woods
- Review of Far Space Foundry (00:33)
- What’s It Missing (1:09)
- Contest results (1:16)
July 31, 2016
It's the Solitaire PnP Design contest time of the year. We have a long chat with Chris Hansen regarding the contest. First we look at the normal news and Kickstarter stuff. After we do the normal game review stuff. This time, we look at Samurai Spirit by Antoine Bauza. It's a neat little co-op game for the math lover & film buff in you.
0:00:35 - Welcome
0:02:11 - News
0:02:17 - VPG is moving (VPG
0:12:04 - Mansions of Madness 2nd edition (BGG
, FFG here
0:17:06 - 1 Player guild keeps growing! (BGG here
0:18:57 - Kickstarter report
0:19:02 - Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave (BGG
0:25:46 - Fire of Eidolon (BGG
0:30:56 - Fate of the Elder Gods (BGG
0:37:54 - The Game of Energy (BGG
0:45:18 - PnP Patrol: Solitaire PnP Design Contest (BGG
, BGG 2016
1:29:14 - Samurai Spirit (BGG
2:01:31 - What's it Missing?
July 5, 2016
The shadow drifts over the podcast, as Albert and Julius review the Shadow over Westminster. We also chat some about the Barnes and Nobles sale, upcoming conventions, and games we've been playing.
Full show notes:
- Opening: (00:00)
- Barnes and Nobles sale
- Samurai Spirit
- Hero Realms (00:17)
- Wayward: Hunter’s Board Game (00:20)
- Review of The Shadow Over Westminster (00:24)
- What’s It Missing: The Great Debate (00:59)