February 6, 2017
Wow folks.. did you expect another episode so quickly? I didnt but I messed up 119. I figured I should record something short to let listeners know the fixed #119 was back. Well, why not turn it into an episode!
This episode only covers the RPG game, The Plant by by Jason Morningstar of Bully Pulpit Games. He's designed many other acclaimed RPGs such as The shaba-Al-Hiri Roach, Fiasco, Night Witches and others. The Plant is a grim RPG designed for exactly one player. It is a very well implemented game that will leave a player full of emotions. It's a fantasstic game, but not for the faint of heart (that means me).
February 5, 2017
Albert and Julius ramble on and on about lots of nonsense, but we also talk about a few solo games like The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire wich Julius just lovs. This episode includes an interview and a PnP Patrol segment!!
- 0:00:30 - Intro & banter
- 0:04:00 - Fauna
- 0:05:50 - Cardline
- 0:07:58 - Cardventures (BGG)
- 0:13:23 - Yggdrasil (BGG)
- 0:15:13 - Conquest of Paradise (BGG)
- 0:15:53 - Elder Sign: Omens of Ice (BGG)
- 0:16:50 - Arkam Horror: The Card Game (BGG)
- 0:18:07 - Kickstarter Report
- 0:18:07 - SUPERHOT Card Game (BGG, KS)
- 0:23:22 - Dungeon Alliance Interview with Andrew Parks (BGG, website)
- 0:50:50 - PnP Patrol
- - Rolling Thunder (BGG)
- - F-14 Tomcats (BGG)
- - Malta Convoy (BGG)
- 1:15:42 - Manhattan Project: Energy Empire (BGG)
- 1:47:54 - What's it missing?
January 22, 2017
Welcome, guests. Come in, come in, for an exciting tale about our rustic inn. Be not concerned by the red flecks on the couch; those are merely some minor rust stains. I guarantee, the quality of this podcast of beyond compare. Now, as I was saying, listen to a tale woven of Arkham Horror the card game, while Julius interviews the lead designer Matt Newman. Afterwards, Albert and Julius review the Bloody Inn, with absolutely no comparison to this fine establishment.
- 00:01 - Catch up banter
- 00:01 - Subterra and Tabletopia
- 00:04 - Recording plays and Feast for Odin scores
- 00:06 - Arkham Horror card game updates
- 00:08 - Interview with Matt Newman, lead designer of Arkham Horror the card game
- 00:49 - Review of the Bloody Inn
- 01:22 - What's It Missing: Cleaning vs Animated Tokens
January 11, 2017
Folks, here's the spoiler episode on Pandemic Legacy: Season 1. It includes information on Julius's experience playing the game and his thoughts on it. It includes details about the game that you wil want to avoid if you have any expectations to play in the future. You have been warned (possibly overwarned).
January 9, 2017
In episode 107 Abert and Julius discuss Pandemic: Legacy. This is the runaway co-op hit in which you get to play through a 1 time adventure. We also discuss a few other small things, but mostly this is all Pandemic: Legacy. Note, this episode has no spoilers, but we will also release a spoiler episode in a few days.
0:08:56 - Wizard's Academy redux
0:13:25 - Albert visits an escape room
0:14:33 - Pandemic Legacy
1:03:28 - What's it missing
December 26, 2016
The year is coming to a close with a final episode for 2016, of more moderate length. Julius and Albert dispute whether the Grizzled can be considered a wargame (which it cannot), in addition to chatting about some other games they've played. Plus, Julius steals a segment from Chris and review a print-and-play game, Haze Island.
- Favorite game of the year - 00:01
- Mini-review of Ascended: Become Chosen (BGG) - 00:06
- Print-and-Play Review: Haze Islands (BGG) - 00:16
- Review of the Grizzled - 00:30
- What's It Missing - 01:05
(Our apologies for Albert's recording quality.)
December 1, 2016
After a hearty Thanksgiving, Albert and Julius return with Travis (of Low Player Count) and Chris (of Print and Play Patrol) to talk about wargames, including a general discussion of solitaire war games and what defines a war games. After some general recommendations, everyone joins in to review Agricola: Master of Britain.
1 Player Podcast is supporting the Stonemeier Games charity auction. Participate and donate to charity, or share some thumbs and show your love for the podcast. More information here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/216953/scythe-art-connoisseur-collectors-edition-charity
November 15, 2016
Julius returns, along with a great many guests and interviews. Albert interviews Morten Pederson about his upcoming projects, Julius interviews Stephen Buonocore about Stronghold games, and Albert comes back to interview the designers of the kickstarter game Luminous Age. Finally, Albert and Julius review Freedom: The Underground Railroad (but Albert nearly falls asleep before the podcast finishes).
- 00:01 - Interview with Morten Pederson
- 00:14 - Intro and general discussion
- 00:17 - Interview with Stephen Buonocore
- 00:53 - Kickstarter section:
- 00:54 - Peacekeepers
- 00:57 - Wordsy
- 01:02 - ExSpelled
- 01:05 - Interview about Luminous Age
- 01:34 - Review of Freedom: The Underground Railroad
October 30, 2016
In Episode 112 Albert & guest host Chris discuss the recently wrapped up Solo Print & Play design contest. We look at the top winners and a few honorable mentions. We also have a brief KS segment in which we show off just how good Julius really is at Kickstarter stuff.
- Peacekeepers (6:00)
- Starcade (10:26)
- Spires (15:35)
PnP contest discussion + review (21:00)
- Artisans (27:20)
- The Shooting Party (35:00)
- The Solo System (43:50)
- The Bogey (1:11:15)
- Feathers and Wax (1:14:55)
- Mech Capture (1:18:15)
- Photon Galactic Traders (1:21:05)
- Sudoku Killers (1:36:00)
What we've been playing (1:39:00)
Be The Hero Series (1:39:15)
Descent 2nd Ed (1:44:20)
What's it missing? (1:48:55)