May 29, 2017
Albert & Julius are back to their old habits with an 80 minute long show. We've packed full-o-stuff. We quickly celebrate the podcast's 6th anniversary and SGoYT's 4th anniversary. It wasn't mentioned, but May is Solitaire Gaming Month. At the time of this posting, you still have 2 days left to enjoy it!
Albert has a good time talking to the designers of 12 Reals Dungeonland, Nick Niotis & Panos Tryposkoufis. The reboot should be on KS very soon (June 1st). The game sounds fun and has Chicken Warriors!!
Finally, Julius talks about the Dresden Files Coop Card Game. It's a neat game on a book series he loves. Warning: Avoid the tv show.
- 04:45 - Game apps
- Onirim (BGG)
- Star Realms (BGG)
- 06:50 - Patreon
- 07:20 - Manhattan Project 2 & dice game contest (BGG, KS, Contest)
- 09:30 - 12 Realms: Dungeonland Interview (BGG, KS)
- 33:40 - Listenner Feedback
- 42:10 - Dresden Files Co-operative Card Game (BGG)
May 16, 2017
Welcome to episode 127 of the 1 Player Podcast. Join us for a run through of a few games Albert is looking forward to, including multiple games from publisher White Dog Games. Meanwhile, Julius talks about his anticipation for Renegade, an upcoming game designed by Ricky Wilkins of Box of Delights. After running through the awards for Solo Gaming awards, Julius climbs on another soapbox to talk about important design considerations when creating a solo variant for a competitive game. Finally, Julius reviews Spirits of the Rice Paddy, a farming simulator centered around managing water flow to grow rice.
Thank you again to our Patreon supporters. Find us at https://www.patreon.com/1PlayerPodcast to support us
Join us on our Discord channel to talk about this and upcoming podcasts: https://discord.gg/Yj2WqFM
Full show notes:
- Anticpated games:
- Solo Gaming Awards (09:49)
- Solo Variant Design Discussion (22:25)
- Solo variant for Trickerion: To be released soon, join our Discord for updated information
- Spirits of the Rice Paddy review (36:56)
May 1, 2017
Welcome to episode 126 of the 1 Player podcast. In this episode we talk a bit abou a few games we've been playing and look at some digital as well as upcoming games. Albert talks a bit about Tableop day (which already hapened) and Julius gets on his soapbox about managing expectations.
Of course, we thank our lovely Patreon backers and finally talkk about te episode's feature game. Albert spent some time playing Comancheria, the game on a history of he Comanche people of the american soutwest. The game was designed by Joel Toppen (listen to episode #50 for an interview with Joel Toppen and review of Navajo Wars).
- 02:00 Sagrada (BGG)
- 02:17 Gloomhaven (BGG, KS)
- 04:10 Inernaional Tabletop Day
- 07:35 Patreon
- 08:16 Unbroken calls for playtesters (BGG)
- 09:48 Card Thief digital game (Android, Apple)
- 12:26 Clans of Caledonia (BGG, KS)
- 15:50 Petrichor (BGG, KS)
- 19:45 Rise to Nobility (BGG, KS)
- 20:50 Julius is on a soapbox
- 33:20 Comancheria (BGG)