February 5, 2017
Albert and Julius ramble on and on about lots of nonsense, but we also talk about a few solo games like The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire wich Julius just lovs. This episode includes an interview and a PnP Patrol segment!!
- 0:00:30 - Intro & banter
- 0:04:00 - Fauna
- 0:05:50 - Cardline
- 0:07:58 - Cardventures (BGG)
- 0:13:23 - Yggdrasil (BGG)
- 0:15:13 - Conquest of Paradise (BGG)
- 0:15:53 - Elder Sign: Omens of Ice (BGG)
- 0:16:50 - Arkam Horror: The Card Game (BGG)
- 0:18:07 - Kickstarter Report
- 0:18:07 - SUPERHOT Card Game (BGG, KS)
- 0:23:22 - Dungeon Alliance Interview with Andrew Parks (BGG, website)
- 0:50:50 - PnP Patrol
- - Rolling Thunder (BGG)
- - F-14 Tomcats (BGG)
- - Malta Convoy (BGG)
- 1:15:42 - Manhattan Project: Energy Empire (BGG)
- 1:47:54 - What's it missing?
January 22, 2017
Welcome, guests. Come in, come in, for an exciting tale about our rustic inn. Be not concerned by the red flecks on the couch; those are merely some minor rust stains. I guarantee, the quality of this podcast of beyond compare. Now, as I was saying, listen to a tale woven of Arkham Horror the card game, while Julius interviews the lead designer Matt Newman. Afterwards, Albert and Julius review the Bloody Inn, with absolutely no comparison to this fine establishment.
- 00:01 - Catch up banter
- 00:01 - Subterra and Tabletopia
- 00:04 - Recording plays and Feast for Odin scores
- 00:06 - Arkham Horror card game updates
- 00:08 - Interview with Matt Newman, lead designer of Arkham Horror the card game
- 00:49 - Review of the Bloody Inn
- 01:22 - What's It Missing: Cleaning vs Animated Tokens
January 11, 2017
Folks, here's the spoiler episode on Pandemic Legacy: Season 1. It includes information on Julius's experience playing the game and his thoughts on it. It includes details about the game that you wil want to avoid if you have any expectations to play in the future. You have been warned (possibly overwarned).
January 9, 2017
In episode 107 Abert and Julius discuss Pandemic: Legacy. This is the runaway co-op hit in which you get to play through a 1 time adventure. We also discuss a few other small things, but mostly this is all Pandemic: Legacy. Note, this episode has no spoilers, but we will also release a spoiler episode in a few days.
0:08:56 - Wizard's Academy redux
0:13:25 - Albert visits an escape room
0:14:33 - Pandemic Legacy
1:03:28 - What's it missing
December 26, 2016
The year is coming to a close with a final episode for 2016, of more moderate length. Julius and Albert dispute whether the Grizzled can be considered a wargame (which it cannot), in addition to chatting about some other games they've played. Plus, Julius steals a segment from Chris and review a print-and-play game, Haze Island.
- Favorite game of the year - 00:01
- Mini-review of Ascended: Become Chosen (BGG) - 00:06
- Print-and-Play Review: Haze Islands (BGG) - 00:16
- Review of the Grizzled - 00:30
- What's It Missing - 01:05
(Our apologies for Albert's recording quality.)
November 15, 2016
Julius returns, along with a great many guests and interviews. Albert interviews Morten Pederson about his upcoming projects, Julius interviews Stephen Buonocore about Stronghold games, and Albert comes back to interview the designers of the kickstarter game Luminous Age. Finally, Albert and Julius review Freedom: The Underground Railroad (but Albert nearly falls asleep before the podcast finishes).
- 00:01 - Interview with Morten Pederson
- 00:14 - Intro and general discussion
- 00:17 - Interview with Stephen Buonocore
- 00:53 - Kickstarter section:
- 00:54 - Peacekeepers
- 00:57 - Wordsy
- 01:02 - ExSpelled
- 01:05 - Interview about Luminous Age
- 01:34 - Review of Freedom: The Underground Railroad
September 26, 2016
Julius and Albert are working the space stations in this episode. Join us in the far reaches for an exploration of the game Far Space Foundry, along with our regular kickstarter and new games discussions. Albert also takes some time off for a poetry recital as he announces the winner of our most recent giveaway.
- Opening Chat
- Pandemic the cure expansion
- Pandemic Cthulhu
- Kickstarter (00:11)
- Ray Master
- Bethel Woods
- Review of Far Space Foundry (00:33)
- What’s It Missing (1:09)
- Contest results (1:16)
July 31, 2016
It's the Solitaire PnP Design contest time of the year. We have a long chat with Chris Hansen regarding the contest. First we look at the normal news and Kickstarter stuff. After we do the normal game review stuff. This time, we look at Samurai Spirit by Antoine Bauza. It's a neat little co-op game for the math lover & film buff in you.
0:00:35 - Welcome
0:02:11 - News
0:02:17 - VPG is moving (VPG
0:12:04 - Mansions of Madness 2nd edition (BGG
, FFG here
0:17:06 - 1 Player guild keeps growing! (BGG here
0:18:57 - Kickstarter report
0:19:02 - Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave (BGG
0:25:46 - Fire of Eidolon (BGG
0:30:56 - Fate of the Elder Gods (BGG
0:37:54 - The Game of Energy (BGG
0:45:18 - PnP Patrol: Solitaire PnP Design Contest (BGG
, BGG 2016
1:29:14 - Samurai Spirit (BGG
2:01:31 - What's it Missing?
July 5, 2016
The shadow drifts over the podcast, as Albert and Julius review the Shadow over Westminster. We also chat some about the Barnes and Nobles sale, upcoming conventions, and games we've been playing.
Full show notes:
- Opening: (00:00)
- Barnes and Nobles sale
- Samurai Spirit
- Hero Realms (00:17)
- Wayward: Hunter’s Board Game (00:20)
- Review of The Shadow Over Westminster (00:24)
- What’s It Missing: The Great Debate (00:59)
May 30, 2016
In this latest long episode of the podcast, we cover a LOT of stuff! Our main game is Burgle Bros, a heist game similar in theme to the movie Oceans 11, but with the austerity of Austin Powers. In this game, players break into a museum and try to escape with loot. We also discuss the all important question, does every game need to support solitaire? The easy answer is well, off course, but we hash it out nonetheless. You can also get the latest (week old) scoop on the 1 Player Guild Challenge coin.
We have our usual Kickstarter report and What's it Missing
- 1 Player Guild challenge coin (KS
- 1 Player Guild Gaming Awards (BGG
- Best Solo Game: Hostage Negotiator (BGG
- Best Solo Variant: Redjack's Automated Imperial variant (BGG
for Imperial Assuault (BGG
- Best Multiplayer Game Played Solo: Runebound 3rd edition (BGG
- Best Print and Play Solo Game: Deep Space D6 (BGG
- Hall of Fame (Game): Arkham Horror (BGG
) and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective (BGG
00:21:02 - Hall of Fame (BGG User): Kevine Erskine & RyanMobile
- Hall of Fame (Designer): Joseph Fatula (BGG
) and Morten Monrad Pederson (BGG
00:24:48 - Kickstarter report
- 1 Deck Dungeon (BGG
- Tramways (BGG
- Anachrony (BGG
00:42:42 - Discussion topic
01:43:16 - What's it Missing?
01:52:34 - Closing
May 3, 2016
In this latest issue of our Podcast Julius has gone missing. Albert & Chris talk about PnP & return to the Oniverse to defend their Castellions.
0:00:41 - Introduction
0:01:27 - Kickstarter Report
Aether Captains (BGG
0:05:53 - Print and Play
Nine Card PnP contest
- Zombies in Our Neighborhood (BGG
- The Harrvest Feast (BGG
Wargame PnP contest
Solitaire PnP contest
1:23:01 - The Great Debate
April 21, 2016
Albert and Julius celebrate episode 100 with a review of an older game, Pax. We also interview Ian Zang about the Expedition RPG and listen to Chris talk about Austerity. Plus, there's a contest!
Show notes (with timestamps):
- News and Banter
- Frost Bite
- 1 Player Awards
- Dresden Files
- Kickstarter (29)
- Descent app
- Aeon’s End
- Interview with Ian Zang, developer of Expedition (47)
- PnP Patrol: (1:24)
- Pax (1:33)
- Great Debate (2:17)
- Contest (2:24)
February 8, 2016
Albert and Julius quench their thirsts for an animal adventure with a review of Agricola All Creatures Big and Small. But before that, they talk about some news, and some kickstarter releases. Plus, Julius interviews the creators of Cthulu: A Deck Building Game and talks about his experiences with the demo.
And then Julius and Albert unveil the newest segment: "The Great Debate: What's It Missing?" We are going to be adding this segment at the end of our reviews in the future and we hope to get your feedback on it.
You can vote for the winner on the 1 Player Guild at this thread. Submit your words for future segments on this poll.
January 23, 2016
Episode 95 is here! In this episode Albert and Julius decide to talk a bit about solo games. This time, they cover some news Kickstarter games and a game feature! The game is none other than Suburbia by Ted Alspach and published by his own label, Bezier Games. This is a neat game about building your own city and came out just a few years ago.
- Suburbia (BGG)
- Baseball Highlights 2045 Android app (BGG, Google Play)
- Van Ryder Games (Van Ryder)
- The Pursuit of Happiness (KS, BGG)
- Dirigible Disaster (KS, BGG)
- Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction (KS, BGG)
- Venom Assault (KS, BGG)
- Xenoshyft: Dreadmire (KS, BGG)
- Nova Aetas (KS, BGG)
- King's Forge: Glassworks (KS, BGG) - which I was wrong about and doesn't seem to support solo play.
December 1, 2015
In this very late at night episode, Julius and Albert talk about Kickstarter & Mistfall and a bit more.
I have probably forgotten some links. Maybe I'll add them later after I listen to this episode and remember what they are.