June 13, 2020
Wow another podcast! That's right.. episode 159 is here and this time we talk about the game Fire! It's a short show for a short shoot-em up based old old video games like Space Invaders. In fact it looks a whole lot like Space Invaders. Pew! Pew! Pew!
Fire! on BGG
August 25, 2019
In this episode, Albert & Julius discuss the lovely little legacy game, Charterstone. Pretty much that's it.
NOTE: THIS EPISODE IS FULL OF SPOILERS!!
July 12, 2019
Wow another episode in the same year! We are on a role. This time around, Albert interviews Lee Broderick, designer of Dwarf, now on Kickstarter. We have a fun chat about Uwe Rosenberg games and get into a lot of the details about dwarfs (or dwarves). We get into dwarven details. :)
June 4, 2019
Wow, it's been a while, huh? Life is busy lately and there just isn't much time to game, not even solo. Still, here we are with another episode and this time we cover two games! Well, both are pretty similar. Actually, both are about the same game with a different setting.
Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure
Clank! In! Space!
December 28, 2018
Albert spent some time playing Discover: Lands Unknown from FFG. We get back together to discuss the game.
September 30, 2018
Welcome to another instalment of the 1 Player Podcast. In this episode we look at the official solo variant for Five Tribes. This is a fantastic game published by Days of Wonder
- (02:37) Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small (bgg)
- (03:40) Groves (bgg)
- (04:34) Nightfighter Ace (bgg, compass games)
- (05:44) Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism (bgg, wdg)
- (07:09) Arkham Horror: 3rd edition (bgg, ffg)
- (09:13) Yggdrassil (bgg)
- (11:11) Automa Article (bgg)
- (13:08) Five Tribes (bgg, solo rules)
August 13, 2018
In this episode we look at the game New Bedford, published by Greater Than Games.
July 9, 2018
Another episode another game! This time we talk some brief news including Albert's new fountain pen podcast and the new Snowdownia Kickstarter. Then we take a deep look at Four Against Darkness, the solo RPG dungeon crawl in which you take for intrepid adventures in a quest for fame and fortune.
June 27, 2018
Julius and Albert travel through time to review Anachrony, from Mindclash games. Let's admit,Julius spends a lot of time talking about the solo mode for this one, so tune in and travel.
Extended show notes:
- Banter and geenral discussion
- Review of Anachrony (06:04)
June 12, 2018
In this 150th episode Albert & Julius discuss Nusfjord.
- 01:26 Unlock (Asmodee, BGG)
- 05:22 Heroes of Terinoth (FFG, BGG)
- 09:36 The Deep Gate: Arkham Horror novel (FFG)
- 11:56 Dragonfire (BGG)
- 13:10 Asmodee
- 16:46 Nusfjord (BGG)
May 19, 2018
Do you like Arkham Horror the card game? Do you continue to purchase the new expansions as they come out? Well, Julius does. Albert doesn't, so we are leaving him behind as Julius and guest co-host Tyler Moore review over the entire Path to Carcosa cycle for Arkham Horror the card game. Join us for a full review of each scenario across the cycle.
May 6, 2018
Welcome to episode #148 of the 1 Player Podcast. This month, Albert and Julius talk about the game, Terraforming Mars. See what we like and what we don't like about this game from Stronghold Games.
April 25, 2018
Journey into the depths of the libraries of the 1 Player Podcast. Join us on the couch as we chat about some of our favorite books of late, including the "Traps Hidden Books" and "You Don't Want to Know."
We also talk about Victory Point Games' recent kickstarter for their Graphic Novel Adventures, and about Gem Rush. We then review Ex Libris, a library building worker-placement game. We then return for an extended interview with Taran Kratz, the designer of Helionox (by listener request).
So pull up a nice book, your favorite podcast feed, and listen in.
Graphic Novel Adventures (01:45)
Gem Rush (10:07)
Ex Libris review (14:15)
Taran Kratz, designer of Helionox, interview (51:45)
March 29, 2018
After chatting about some recent games they've played, Albert and Julius review two Pandemic games today, Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu and Pandmic Iberia. Afterwards, Julius talks with the designer of Unbroken, currently on Kickstarter.
- General Discussion:
- Stuffed Fables and the Every Night is Game Night Podcast (01:55)
- CoOp Cast (05:55)
- Ex Libris, Architects of the West Kingdom, by Renegade Games (6:40)
- Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu (10:38)
- Pandemic Iberia (24:38)
- Unbroken interview (35:20)
March 3, 2018
Hi folks, in this episode Julius and Albert go over some news and a rant or two, then we talk about the "Big In Japan" game from AEG, Unicornus Knights.
- 01:17 News (Portal Games)
- 01:34 Detective: A Modern Crime Boardgame (BGG)
- 02:32 Imperial Settlers: Amazons (BGG)
- 03:29 Imperial Settlers: We Didn't Start the Fire (BGG)
- 04:03 Robinson Crusoe: Mystery Tales (BGG)
- 06:06 Rant! Flash Point
- 12:00 Kickstarter
- 12:11 Rant: The Reckoners (BGG, KS)
- 16:05 Edge of Darkness (BGG, KS)
- 18:54 Nights of Fire: Battle For Budapest (BGG, KS)
- 22;20 Space Park (BGG, KS)
- 24:02 Unicornus Knights (BGG)