June 26, 2017
Yet another double-header episode. This time Julius and Albert talk about Nautilion AND Flatline, a sequel to Fuse. First though, we go over a bit of news, mostly about Morten and Automas. Then we also talk about KS games.
Finally, Albert and Julius discuss the latest Shadi Torbey game, Nautilion and then Julius teaches Albert Flatline.
- 01:40 - Asmodee in the news, again
- 02:55 - Automas (Scythe: The Wind Gambit, Charterstone, Gaia)
- 06:30 - Automa (Near and Far variant) (BGG)
- 07:55 - Who's Gary: 1 Player Guild Game (BGG)
- 09:15 - Triplock (BGG, KS)
- 10:55 - Oaxaca (BGG, KS)
- 12:30 - Helionox Deluxe (BGG, KS)
- 14:55 - Epic AF (BGG, KS not availabe at time of publishing)
- Feature games
- 18:35 - Nautilion (BGG)
- 39:50 - Flatline (BGG)
June 14, 2017
Having pulled through another bought of thunderstorms and power losses, Albert and Julius return with another information packed episode, along with Albert spending a lot of time lecturing Julius about the history behind the game Sagrada.
Julius and Albert take some time off gaming to discuss the hobby, and specifically the publishing industry of board games. They talk about Asmodee's latest distributor deals, acquisitions of Rory's Story Cubes, and minimum pricing requirements. Oh, and Albert really likes Rory's Story Cubes and wants to play a new RPG based on the cubes.
Albert also has done some research on the history behind Sagrada and the architecture leading to the stained glass windows that are the subject of the game Sagrada. After regaling us with tales of old times, Albert and Julius talk about the game itself and share their reviews and opinions on all aspects of the game.
Extended show notes:
- Recent plays:
- Article on AIs for Solo Games (link) (03:48)
- Asmode Distributor Deal (04:43)
- Asmode Purchase of Rory's Story Cubes (10:21)
- Sagrada (15:45)
- History (15:50)
- Review (32:20)