November 13, 2017
This slightly longer than "normal" episode has a bit of news followed by a long discussion on Hotshots by Fireside Games. We also get into a small discussion on probabilities.
- 02:17 Shopping Geeklist (1 Player Guild Collective Aquisition Disorder) (BGG)
- 04:27 English Eerie (RPG Geek, DriveThruRPG)
- 07:34 Tom Vassel loves Solo
- 12:12 Untold: Adventures Await (BGG)
- 18:32 Dawn of Peacemakers (KS, BGG)
- 31:33 Hotshots (BGG)
November 1, 2017
Have you considered a career in sound effects creation? Neither did Albert until he played B-17, and now he is fascinated with creating the sound air-based combat simulation sound effects! Amazing!
In this episode, Albert and Julius talk about a bunch of games they've been playing and are highly anticipating playing. Expect to hear more about all of these. Then, Albert presents B-17 Flying Fortress Leader, a strategic bombing game where you control a bomber group.
- Recent plays and anticipated games
- Too Many Bones (02:15)
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game - Labyrinth of Lunacy (06:50)
- Nemo's War (09:24)
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 and Charterstone (14:58)
- Other anticipated games: Sentinels of the Multiverse and Heroes Wanted (16:28)
- Correction on automa for Patchwork (18:00)
- 1 Player Guild Top 100 games (18:50)
- One Deck Dungeon the app (22:20)
- Thanks to our Patreons! (24:54)
- B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (27:13)
October 16, 2017
In this episode Albert & Julius talk a bit about a few games and then dig into Mechs vs Minions, a co-op dungeon crawl pubished, by of all things, a video game company.
01:46 - St. Louis Game Design Day
05:38 - Subatomic (BGG)
06:53 - Subterranian Cities (BGG)
10:36 - Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor (BGG)
14:37 - Hostage Negotiator (BGG) around the world (geeklist)
15:43 - Triplock (BGG)
16:32 - Fire of Eidolon (BGG)
17:11 - B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (BGG)
18:11 - Playthrough feedback
22:00 - 1 Player Guild challenge coin
26:35 - Mechs vs Minions (BGG)
September 25, 2017
A game about farming in the Mediterranean! This episode has Julius taking a close look at La Granja for solo play. Then we both play a game of Ancient Empires, currently on Kickstarters.
- 05:50 - The Networks: Executives (BGG, KS)
- 09:35 - Wander: The Cult of Barnacle Bay (BGG, KS)
- 13:55 - Ancient Artifacts (BGG, KS)
- 50:10 - Ancient Artifacts play through
- 68:45 - Thanks for listenning!
September 8, 2017
Having survived the great darkening of the sun, Albert and Julius return to delve into the deepest reaches of our oceans. In this episode, after a breif chat of our solar eclipse experiences, Albert and Julius review the solitaire game Nemo's War (second edition). Albert also interviews David Thompson, the designer of Pavlov's House and a number of other designs. Join us as we chat about puppies, boats, and suns.
- Eclipse chat (00:30)
- Okey Dokey (03:28)
- Interview with David Thompson, designer of Pavlov’s House (08:30)
- Nemo’s War (48:58)
August 21, 2017
Welcome to the Eclipsisode. In this episode (which actully has nothing to do with an eclipse other than the date)) we review Yggdrasil. Albert also talks about CRGE, the Conjectural Roleplaying Game Emulator. As always, we also have a bit of news and whatnot.
- 00:24 - Intro
- 00:39 - Welcome
- 17:12 - Burgle Bros app (Android, IOS)
- 19:43 - Energy Empire solo PnP (BGG)
- 24:38 - 7th Continent (BGG)
August 10, 2017
Gencon is right around the corner, so Albert and Julius are excited to talk about some of the games they are looking forward to hearing more about. Sadly, although GenCant is happening this year, GenCant SoloCon didn't get arranged for this year. Regardless, Albert and Julius take a brief run through their wishlists from Gencon releases, and talk about a few other games on Kickstarter. After the rush of con games is over, they review Raxxon, the cooperative evacuation card game from PlaidHat Games. As an aside, due to Raxxon's "interesting" distribution model, if you are looking to get your hands on a copy, check the 1 Player Guild forums for a thread with invite codes.
(Also, sorry that Albert's microphone was messing up during recording. It gets better if you skip to later portions.)
- Finished (by Friedemann Friese) (01:36)
- Heroes Wanted expansion (03:35)
- Flash Point: Fire Rescue expansion (05:33)
- GenCon wishlists (11:49)
- Raxxon review (26:32)
July 24, 2017
This is a big episode folks! This time around Julius and Albert invited anybody that wanted to participate to come on the show and chat. We were joined by BGG user SSGMightyMouse. We spent a lot of time talking about just about every aspect of new new-ish Arkham Horror LCG. We also have some news and a discussion of LCG versus "regular" games, in terms of cost.
This is a big big show.
01:45 Escape Room style games
08:20 Publishing solo games for fun or profit
15:25 Founders of Gloomhaven (BGG, KS)
20:55 Star Realms: Frontiers (BGG, KS)
23:25 Quill: Shadow and Ink (RPGG, DriveThruRPG)
27:20 LCG versus traditional games
42:15 Arkham Horror LCG (BGG)
July 11, 2017
Albert and Julius celebrate July 4 with a rousing discussion of board games. We preview the upcoming game Renegade, chat about the recent release of the Friday app, and a few other board games.
We also announce our upcoming live event: The Big Arkham Chat. On July 16 at 8 pm (central), we will be recording our episode talking about Arkham Horror the card game and a discussion of living card games and subscription games versus standard distribution methods. And we are inviting all listeners to participate as guest co-hosts. If you want to participate by voice, contact us in advance. If you want to participate by text during the live recording, just come to our Discord channel on July 16 at 8 pm (central). Our Discord channel is at: https://discord.gg/Yj2WqFM
Finally, Julius presents our review and discussion of Big Book of Madness, a cooperative deck building game where you play as student wizards attempting to close the aforementioned book without being driven insane. Listen for our full review and let us know your thoughts on the forums and on Discord.
Thanks to all our patrons on Patreon for supporting our podcast. Find us at patreon.com/1playerpodcast.
- Recent games
- Sabetuor duel
- Friday app
- D12 Solo Rules
- La Granja
- Live Podcast: Arkham Horror Card Game
- Winner of the 1 Player Guild Game challenge
- Review of Big Book of Madness
June 26, 2017
Yet another double-header episode. This time Julius and Albert talk about Nautilion AND Flatline, a sequel to Fuse. First though, we go over a bit of news, mostly about Morten and Automas. Then we also talk about KS games.
Finally, Albert and Julius discuss the latest Shadi Torbey game, Nautilion and then Julius teaches Albert Flatline.
- 01:40 - Asmodee in the news, again
- 02:55 - Automas (Scythe: The Wind Gambit, Charterstone, Gaia)
- 06:30 - Automa (Near and Far variant) (BGG)
- 07:55 - Who's Gary: 1 Player Guild Game (BGG)
- 09:15 - Triplock (BGG, KS)
- 10:55 - Oaxaca (BGG, KS)
- 12:30 - Helionox Deluxe (BGG, KS)
- 14:55 - Epic AF (BGG, KS not availabe at time of publishing)
- Feature games
- 18:35 - Nautilion (BGG)
- 39:50 - Flatline (BGG)