Another episode another game! This time we talk some brief news including Albert's new fountain pen podcast and the new Snowdownia Kickstarter. Then we take a deep look at Four Against Darkness, the solo RPG dungeon crawl in which you take for intrepid adventures in a quest for fame and fortune.
Julius and Albert travel through time to review Anachrony, from Mindclash games. Let's admit,Julius spends a lot of time talking about the solo mode for this one, so tune in and travel.
Extended show notes:
- Banter and geenral discussion
- Review of Anachrony (06:04)
In this 150th episode Albert & Julius discuss Nusfjord.
- 01:26 Unlock (Asmodee, BGG)
- 05:22 Heroes of Terinoth (FFG, BGG)
- 09:36 The Deep Gate: Arkham Horror novel (FFG)
- 11:56 Dragonfire (BGG)
- 13:10 Asmodee
- 16:46 Nusfjord (BGG)
Do you like Arkham Horror the card game? Do you continue to purchase the new expansions as they come out? Well, Julius does. Albert doesn't, so we are leaving him behind as Julius and guest co-host Tyler Moore review over the entire Path to Carcosa cycle for Arkham Horror the card game. Join us for a full review of each scenario across the cycle.
Welcome to episode #148 of the 1 Player Podcast. This month, Albert and Julius talk about the game, Terraforming Mars. See what we like and what we don't like about this game from Stronghold Games.
Journey into the depths of the libraries of the 1 Player Podcast. Join us on the couch as we chat about some of our favorite books of late, including the "Traps Hidden Books" and "You Don't Want to Know."
We also talk about Victory Point Games' recent kickstarter for their Graphic Novel Adventures, and about Gem Rush. We then review Ex Libris, a library building worker-placement game. We then return for an extended interview with Taran Kratz, the designer of Helionox (by listener request).
So pull up a nice book, your favorite podcast feed, and listen in.
Graphic Novel Adventures (01:45)
Gem Rush (10:07)
Ex Libris review (14:15)
Taran Kratz, designer of Helionox, interview (51:45)
After chatting about some recent games they've played, Albert and Julius review two Pandemic games today, Pandemic Reign of Cthulhu and Pandmic Iberia. Afterwards, Julius talks with the designer of Unbroken, currently on Kickstarter.
- General Discussion:
- Stuffed Fables and the Every Night is Game Night Podcast (01:55)
- CoOp Cast (05:55)
- Ex Libris, Architects of the West Kingdom, by Renegade Games (6:40)
- Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu (10:38)
- Pandemic Iberia (24:38)
- Unbroken interview (35:20)
Hi folks, in this episode Julius and Albert go over some news and a rant or two, then we talk about the "Big In Japan" game from AEG, Unicornus Knights.
- 01:17 News (Portal Games)
- 01:34 Detective: A Modern Crime Boardgame (BGG)
- 02:32 Imperial Settlers: Amazons (BGG)
- 03:29 Imperial Settlers: We Didn't Start the Fire (BGG)
- 04:03 Robinson Crusoe: Mystery Tales (BGG)
- 06:06 Rant! Flash Point
- 12:00 Kickstarter
- 12:11 Rant: The Reckoners (BGG, KS)
- 16:05 Edge of Darkness (BGG, KS)
- 18:54 Nights of Fire: Battle For Budapest (BGG, KS)
- 22;20 Space Park (BGG, KS)
- 24:02 Unicornus Knights (BGG)
Albert and Julius have a packed episode today. Not only do we announce the winners of the Lords of the Rings contest, but we also have an extended interview with AJ Porfirio about upcoming Van Ryder Games titles, including the Big Score, graphic novel adventures, and the Hostage Negotiator campaign. Then we review and discuss Flee, the innovated rules-less small box game from Friedemann Friese.
Extended show notes:
- Contest winners (01:54)
- Interview with AJ Porfirio (04:21)
- Review of Flee (60:15)
In episode #143 we look at the new game for Creativity Hub, now known as Hub Games. The game is Untold: Adventures Await. This is a cooperative storytelling game that uses Rory's Story Cubes and is really a light RPG in disguise. We also have a small segment interviewing Rory O'Conner of Rory's Story Cubes fame. For the rest of the really interesting cube, head on over to the Every Night is Game Night podcast (episode #71)!
02:50 Forbidden Sky (BGG)
05:00 The Big Score (correction) (BGG)
10:21 StuffedFables (BGG)
12:50 1 Player Guild user poll (BGG)
14:43 Hostage Negotiator app beta (BGG)
15:41 Untold: Adventures Await (BGG)
40:00 Solo RPGing (BGG)
41:16 Rory O'Conner on the Extraordinaires Design Studio (BGG)
After a winter break, the 1 Player Podcast is back to review a big game, Too Many Bones, and a little game, Triplock. Both are published by Chip Theory Games, so the episode is dedicated to discussions of chips (for at least a minute, but we never do decide on a favorite chip). As usual, we chat about a bunch of other games and a bit about general life happenings before getting into the game discussions.
Full show notes:
- Miscellaneous chat:
- Escape and Flatline (01:54)
- AD30 (03:52)
- Charterstone (04:40)
- Lord of the Rings Giveaway (07:14)
- Mice and Mystics (10:04)
- Van Ryder Games release (13:10)
- The Big Score
- Gamebooks (14:40)
- Dresden Files app version (17:05)
- Too Many Bones review (18:32)
- Triplock (52:39)
In this last episode of 2017 we look look back (though don't we always?) But first we also breifly look forward with the news! Our main review is a look way back to the 1960s and world wide espionage with Agents of SMERSH by Jason Maxwell and published by 8th Summit Games.
- 02:59 Nations: Dice Game - Unrest (BGG)
- 06:45 Viceroy (BGG)
- 09:43 Imperial Assault companion app (FFG)
- 14:48 Lord of the Rings: LCG (FFG)
- 19:01 1 Player Guild People's Choice Top 100 (BGG)
- 35:07 Agents of S.M.E.R.S.H. (BGG)
Albert and Julius return, after a slight delay due to holidays and technical difficulty. But we're back, and talking about some new news and some old news! And about games! And about pop culture! Could you ask for more?
Join us for a discussion of some kickstarter projects and gaming trends. Then we review two games from our new "Same but different" category: Limes and NMBR 9.
We Must Tell The Emperor (02:18)
Solitaire RPG suggestions (05:04)
D-Day Dice (08:44)
NMBR 9 (18:55)
Similar game recommendations (52:20)
This slightly longer than "normal" episode has a bit of news followed by a long discussion on Hotshots by Fireside Games. We also get into a small discussion on probabilities.
- 02:17 Shopping Geeklist (1 Player Guild Collective Aquisition Disorder) (BGG)
- 04:27 English Eerie (RPG Geek, DriveThruRPG)
- 07:34 Tom Vassel loves Solo
- 12:12 Untold: Adventures Await (BGG)
- 18:32 Dawn of Peacemakers (KS, BGG)
- 31:33 Hotshots (BGG)
Have you considered a career in sound effects creation? Neither did Albert until he played B-17, and now he is fascinated with creating the sound air-based combat simulation sound effects! Amazing!
In this episode, Albert and Julius talk about a bunch of games they've been playing and are highly anticipating playing. Expect to hear more about all of these. Then, Albert presents B-17 Flying Fortress Leader, a strategic bombing game where you control a bomber group.
- Recent plays and anticipated games
- Too Many Bones (02:15)
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game - Labyrinth of Lunacy (06:50)
- Nemo's War (09:24)
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 and Charterstone (14:58)
- Other anticipated games: Sentinels of the Multiverse and Heroes Wanted (16:28)
- Correction on automa for Patchwork (18:00)
- 1 Player Guild Top 100 games (18:50)
- One Deck Dungeon the app (22:20)
- Thanks to our Patreons! (24:54)
- B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (27:13)