January 29, 2018
In episode #143 we look at the new game for Creativity Hub, now known as Hub Games. The game is Untold: Adventures Await. This is a cooperative storytelling game that uses Rory's Story Cubes and is really a light RPG in disguise. We also have a small segment interviewing Rory O'Conner of Rory's Story Cubes fame. For the rest of the really interesting cube, head on over to the Every Night is Game Night podcast (episode #71)!
02:50 Forbidden Sky (BGG)
05:00 The Big Score (correction) (BGG)
05:24 Rambo (BGG, KS)
10:21 StuffedFables (BGG)
12:50 1 Player Guild user poll (BGG)
14:43 Hostage Negotiator app beta (BGG)
15:41 Untold: Adventures Await (BGG)
40:00 Solo RPGing (BGG)
41:16 Rory O'Conner on the Extraordinaires Design Studio (BGG)
January 24, 2018
After a winter break, the 1 Player Podcast is back to review a big game, Too Many Bones, and a little game, Triplock. Both are published by Chip Theory Games, so the episode is dedicated to discussions of chips (for at least a minute, but we never do decide on a favorite chip). As usual, we chat about a bunch of other games and a bit about general life happenings before getting into the game discussions.
Full show notes:
- Miscellaneous chat:
- Escape and Flatline (01:54)
- AD30 (03:52)
- Charterstone (04:40)
- Lord of the Rings Giveaway (07:14)
- Mice and Mystics (10:04)
- Van Ryder Games release (13:10)
- The Big Score
- Gamebooks (14:40)
- Dresden Files app version (17:05)
- Too Many Bones review (18:32)
- Triplock (52:39)
December 26, 2017
In this last episode of 2017 we look look back (though don't we always?) But first we also breifly look forward with the news! Our main review is a look way back to the 1960s and world wide espionage with Agents of SMERSH by Jason Maxwell and published by 8th Summit Games.
- 02:59 Nations: Dice Game - Unrest (BGG)
- 06:45 Viceroy (BGG)
- 09:43 Imperial Assault companion app (FFG)
- 14:48 Lord of the Rings: LCG (FFG)
- 19:01 1 Player Guild People's Choice Top 100 (BGG)
- 35:07 Agents of S.M.E.R.S.H. (BGG)
December 13, 2017
Albert and Julius return, after a slight delay due to holidays and technical difficulty. But we're back, and talking about some new news and some old news! And about games! And about pop culture! Could you ask for more?
Join us for a discussion of some kickstarter projects and gaming trends. Then we review two games from our new "Same but different" category: Limes and NMBR 9.
We Must Tell The Emperor (02:18)
Solitaire RPG suggestions (05:04)
D-Day Dice (08:44)
NMBR 9 (18:55)
Similar game recommendations (52:20)
November 13, 2017
This slightly longer than "normal" episode has a bit of news followed by a long discussion on Hotshots by Fireside Games. We also get into a small discussion on probabilities.
- 02:17 Shopping Geeklist (1 Player Guild Collective Aquisition Disorder) (BGG)
- 04:27 English Eerie (RPG Geek, DriveThruRPG)
- 07:34 Tom Vassel loves Solo
- 12:12 Untold: Adventures Await (BGG)
- 18:32 Dawn of Peacemakers (KS, BGG)
- 31:33 Hotshots (BGG)
November 1, 2017
Have you considered a career in sound effects creation? Neither did Albert until he played B-17, and now he is fascinated with creating the sound air-based combat simulation sound effects! Amazing!
In this episode, Albert and Julius talk about a bunch of games they've been playing and are highly anticipating playing. Expect to hear more about all of these. Then, Albert presents B-17 Flying Fortress Leader, a strategic bombing game where you control a bomber group.
- Recent plays and anticipated games
- Too Many Bones (02:15)
- Arkham Horror: The Card Game - Labyrinth of Lunacy (06:50)
- Nemo's War (09:24)
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 and Charterstone (14:58)
- Other anticipated games: Sentinels of the Multiverse and Heroes Wanted (16:28)
- Correction on automa for Patchwork (18:00)
- 1 Player Guild Top 100 games (18:50)
- One Deck Dungeon the app (22:20)
- Thanks to our Patreons! (24:54)
- B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (27:13)
October 16, 2017
In this episode Albert & Julius talk a bit about a few games and then dig into Mechs vs Minions, a co-op dungeon crawl pubished, by of all things, a video game company.
01:46 - St. Louis Game Design Day
05:38 - Subatomic (BGG)
06:53 - Subterranian Cities (BGG)
10:36 - Escape the Room: Mystery at the Stargazer's Manor (BGG)
14:37 - Hostage Negotiator (BGG) around the world (geeklist)
15:43 - Triplock (BGG)
16:32 - Fire of Eidolon (BGG)
17:11 - B-17 Flying Fortress Leader (BGG)
18:11 - Playthrough feedback
22:00 - 1 Player Guild challenge coin
26:35 - Mechs vs Minions (BGG)
September 25, 2017
A game about farming in the Mediterranean! This episode has Julius taking a close look at La Granja for solo play. Then we both play a game of Ancient Empires, currently on Kickstarters.
- 05:50 - The Networks: Executives (BGG, KS)
- 09:35 - Wander: The Cult of Barnacle Bay (BGG, KS)
- 13:55 - Ancient Artifacts (BGG, KS)
- 50:10 - Ancient Artifacts play through
- 68:45 - Thanks for listenning!
September 8, 2017
Having survived the great darkening of the sun, Albert and Julius return to delve into the deepest reaches of our oceans. In this episode, after a breif chat of our solar eclipse experiences, Albert and Julius review the solitaire game Nemo's War (second edition). Albert also interviews David Thompson, the designer of Pavlov's House and a number of other designs. Join us as we chat about puppies, boats, and suns.
- Eclipse chat (00:30)
- Okey Dokey (03:28)
- Interview with David Thompson, designer of Pavlov’s House (08:30)
- Nemo’s War (48:58)
August 21, 2017
Welcome to the Eclipsisode. In this episode (which actully has nothing to do with an eclipse other than the date)) we review Yggdrasil. Albert also talks about CRGE, the Conjectural Roleplaying Game Emulator. As always, we also have a bit of news and whatnot.
- 00:24 - Intro
- 00:39 - Welcome
- 17:12 - Burgle Bros app (Android, IOS)
- 19:43 - Energy Empire solo PnP (BGG)
- 24:38 - 7th Continent (BGG)